St. Gregory’s Curriculum Overview
At St Gregory’s, we believe that all pupils deserve a curriculum that is highly bespoke, aspirational and matched to their needs, regardless of background or academic ability. We aim to provide a curriculum which offers a rich and engaging range of activities that meet the children’s different learning styles and interests. With Christ at the Centre, our curriculum is designed to enable our children to deepen their faith and become virtuous disciples encapsulating our Trust Virtues of Respect and Responsibility, Honesty and Self-Belief, Confidence and Resilience, Justice and Compassion.
Our aim is to provide a curriculum that:
- Is broad and balanced and enables all pupils to apply their knowledge, skills and individual talents across a range of subject areas.
- Offers opportunities to delve deeper into their learning through progression of skills, knowing more and remembering more.
- Provides enhancement opportunities, such as educational visits and visitors, extracurricular activities and hands-on learning experiences.
- Develop children as leaders by valuing their voices and individual contributions.
- Deepens their excitement and passion for learning.
- Supports our partnership with parents and the wider community.
- Equips children with the knowledge of how to live healthy lifestyles – both physically and mentally.
- Promotes and reflects British Values.